Hopefully everybody is enjoying the summer season so far. As August approaches, we want to inform everyone about the upcoming annual departmental Retreat. Your PLPM GSO officers are working eagerly to plan and arrange everything for the retreat. At this point, we want you to know some basic information about the retreat:
Need to know:
- Date: Friday, August 25, from 4:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Location: Story County Conservation Center at McFarland Park (Directions here)
- It can be challenging for visiting students/scholars and others to make it to this site. If you can provide transportation or need a ride, please feel free to email Hayley Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help arranging this.
- What to Bring: This is a potluck. Please sign up here to bring one dish (and a serving utensil!) to share with others.
- Do your best to bring one dish, but please still join us if you are not able!
- Sandwiches (assorted BBQ meats and Black bean burgers from Hickory Park) will be provided as a main dish.
- 4:30 to 5:30 - Guest Speaker with 15-minute Q&A
- 5:30 to 6:30 - Eat!
- 6:30 to 8:30 - Games
- Large teams will be formed to compete in several team-building activities, most of which require moving around. Dress comfortably, and know that a water balloon toss may be involved if weather allows us to be outdoors.
We look forward to seeing you. Please be sure to invite ALL of your lab members, including undergraduates.