The apple-pumpkin bake off is one of our department's most anticipated events of the year, and boy did this year live up to the hype! We had over 30 dishes entered from various department members hoping to attain eternal PLPM glory and bragging rights for the next year. Listed are the winners for the apple and pumpkin categories and their respective recipes. Some recipes, though, are so secret that we can't share them with you.
- Fahim Abbas' - Apple Pakoras
- Vijitha Silva - Apple Celery Salad
- Mark Gleason - Carmel Apple Puff
- Jill Cornelis - Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
- Hayley Nelson - Pumpkin Cupcakes
- TIE Alison Robertson - Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta
TIE Clarice Schmidt - So secret it doesn't have a name
- Apple celery salad
- Ingredients: 2 Cups of thinly sliced apples, 2 cups of sliced celery, 1/3 cup of sliced red onion, 1 Tbs lemon juice, 1 Tbs lime juice, 2 Tbs olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Directions: Combine the apples with lemon and lime juice. Add celery and onion. Mix in olive oil and salt. Toss with cilantro leaves. Store cold until served.
- Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
- Ingredients: 1/2 cup of raw pumpkin seeds, 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp of sugar, 2 tsp of butter
- Directions: mix together cayenne, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add seeds when butter sizzles and cook for 3 min, stirring frequently. Sprinkle spice mixture and stir until seeds are coated. Cook 2-3 min longer. Let cool and serve
- Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta